The 2025 BC Homicide Victim List is available here
Langley RCMP responded to reports of gunfire around 10:30 p.m. near the intersection of 200 Street and 53 Avenue.
Upon arrival, officers discovered an individual inside a taxi suffering from gunshot wounds. Despite efforts to administer life-saving aid, the person was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities have not yet released the identity of the victim or confirmed whether the shooting was targeted.
The case is now being handled by the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT). In a Saturday update, IHIT stated that they are working to identify the victim and determine if the incident is related to ongoing gang activity in B.C.
So far, investigators have not released further information regarding the motive or any suspects. It has been confirmed that the victim was inside a taxi at the time of the shooting, and no other injuries have been reported.
Update: In an effort to further the investigation, the victim is being identified as 24-year-old Taran Pandher, of the Lower Mainland.
Police said Mr. Pandher was known to police and believed to be connected to organized crime. Investigators believe this was a targeted shooting with connections to the British Columbia Gang Conflict (BCGC).
Additionally, at 11:00 p.m on September 5, police received reports of a vehicle fire in the 13250 block of 64A Avenue in Surrey and investigators believe this to be connected to the homicide.
IGHT is asking anyone with dashcam or CCTV from the following areas to please contact police:
- 20200 block of 53A Avenue, Langley between 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. September 5
- 13250 block of 64A Avenue, Surrey between 10:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. September 5
- 9900 block of 53 Avenue, Langley between 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. September 5
This shooting has many of the specific indications of a gang-related homicide,says Cpl. Sukhi Dhesi, IHIT Media Relations Officer.The nature of the BCGC is complex and IGHT will continue to work to hold those responsible for the homicide of Mr. Pandher, accountable.
Update: On August 14, 2026, Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) investigators arrested 35-year-old Jared Douglas Polischuk and 29-year-old Luis Manuel Baez.
Both men have been jointly charged with one count of conspiracy to commit the murder of Mr. Pandher.
“Gang homicides are among the most complex and high-risk investigations to manage,” says Sgt. Freda Fong of IHIT. “IGHT investigators specialize in these types of investigations, which allows us to focus on the investigative avenues that are critical to building a case forward for charge assessment.”
“While the laying of these charges is a significant development, our work is not over. Investigators believe other individuals were involved in this shooting, and we are committed to holding all who were involved accountable. Much work remains as we continue to pursue those responsible while supporting the prosecution process.”
As this matter is now before the courts, no further information will be released.