Charlottetown police located a 9-year-old girl and her 47-year-old mother deceased after conducting a wellness check on July 18th at approximately 1:30am.
Deputy Police Chief Brad MacConnell said officers arrived at the scene and looked through the window and saw a woman lying on the floor. Upon entering the home police noticed a noxious substance in the air that was later determined to be high levels of carbon monoxide from a charcoal substance.
A 9-year-old girl was located upon further investigation, and according to reports the girl died first, perhaps even two to three days earlier. The identities of the deceased will not be released at the request of the family.