Tag Archives: Quebec

Update: Man confesses to double homicide in Notre Dame-Du-Laus

Sûreté du Québec said, a 60 year old man came into the Police HQ in Gatineau  and turned himself into police at around 2:40pm for killing two women.

The man told police he killed two people, and gave them the address 872 De Val Ombreuse in Notre-Dame-du-Laus. Police said the suspuct knew the victims, however police are not releasing the names or ages until next of kin is notified.

More to come…

Update April 13

The accused has been identified as David Lepage 60, and the victims have been identified as the man’s common law partner, Priscilla Lee Bond, 33, and their daughter, Gabrielle Lepage, 15.

 

51 year old Sylvain Duquette charged with triple homicide in Shawinigan

Sylvain Duquette 51,  is facing 3 counts of murder and one count of attempted murder in connection to the slaying of three women and attempted murder of his father. The attacks started in the evening on Wednesday April 5th.

Police say Duquette entered the home of his sister in-law, Denise Hallé 61, on Lac-Marchand St. in Saint-Gerard-des-Laurentides. Duquette shot and killed Hallé along with her cousin Jocelyne Lauzon Toupin, 56 who had been visiting from Ontario with her three year old grandson, who was unharmed.

Police said the Duquette then went to the home of his parents on Ernest-Blais St. There he strangled and beat his step mother, Jocelyne Pellerin, 70,  to death. Claude Duquette, 80, the father of the accused was attacked but managed to escape and flee to a neighbor for help.

Duquette was arrested at a gas station just after midnight on April 6th. The charges Duquette is facing include three charges of first degree murder, one attempted murder, and a charge of unlawful imprisonment and arson.

18 year old Daphné Boudreault murdered by her ex-boyfriend

Daphne Boudreault 18, was pronounced dead in hospital on March 22nd after being found with wounds allegedly inflicted by her ex-boyfriend Anthony Pratte-Lops 22.

It has been reported that Boudreault was accompanied by a police officer and her Step Mother to her apartment that she shared with the accused to pick up her belongings on March 22.

It is believed that Boudreault entered the unit alone, and was attacked as soon as she entered.

Police have confirmed Boudreault died of stab wounds.

Anthony Pratte-Lops has been arrested and charged with first degree murder. He will remain in custody and is scheduled to appear in court on April 19.

Kellen Seow killed in what police say appears to be a drug related homicide

Laval police responded to a call at 11:30 a.m on March 21st about a body at the side of the highway, between Highways 440 and 640. Police arrived to find a man who was later identified as Kellen Seow 34, dead.

According to reports, Seow had been reported abducted from a restaurant just north of Montreal earlier that day.

Police could not say if Seow was already dead when his body was dumped.

Sgt. Joyce Kemp says Kellen Seow  34, was killed in what appears to be a drug-related homicide.

Suspected Gangster Nicola Di Marco found dead

The body of Nicola Di Marco 47, was found on March 18th at around 8:30am by a passerby in Montreal’s Anjou borough.

Di Marco was known to police is suspected of having ties to the Montreal Mafia.

The cause of death has not been released however the signs of violence on the body lead police to investigate Di Marco’s death as a homicide.

The death of Di Marco is the 5th homicide in Montreal this year. The Montreal Homicide Victims List is available here.

Update: Woman found dead in Montreal Health Centre

Montreal police are investigating the 4th homicide of 2017 after a woman in her 60’s was found dead at a health and social services centre on Dufresne Street.

Police received the 911 call at 1:30 pm on February 20th reporting a woman in medical distress.  Despite life saving efforts the woman was pronounced dead at the Centre d’Hébergement Emilie-Gamelin.

Police have arrested a 55 year old man at the scene.

Update February 22
Police have confirmed the suspect Michel Cadotte, is the spouse of the victim, Jocelyne Lizotte who suffered from Alzheimer’s.

The Montreal 2017 Homicide Victim List is available here.

Update: Six dead and eight wounded in Quebec City mosque shooting

Six people are dead, five of the wounded remain in critical condition in hospital after a Quebec city Mosque shooting. Police were called to the mosque at around 8pm on January 29th on report of a shooting.

There were men, Women and children at the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec for evening prayer when the shooting took place. The shooter opened fire on the people who were praying. The victims ranged in ages from 39-60.

Police have arrested two suspects, but have not released their names, or motive on the attack.  The first suspect was arrested at the scene, police said the second suspect called 911 himself and said he was armed and would cooperate.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau  called the tragedy a “terrorist attack on Muslims in a centre of worship and refuge”.

Update January 30th

Police have now said only one of the two men is is considered a suspect and the second person is considered a witness. Alexandre Bissonnette 27 has been identified as the sole gunman.

Bissonnette is facing 11 charges including six counts of first degree murder and five counts of attempted murder using a restricted firearm.

Update February 2
The victims names have been released.

  • Azzedine Soufiane, 57, father of three and owner of a halal grocery store.
  • Mamadou Tanou  Barry, 42, father of two and worked in information technology.
  • Khaled Belkacemi, 60, father and professor at Laval University.
  • Aboubaker Thabti, 44, father of two, worked at a pharmacy.
  • Ibrahima Barry, 39, father of four, worked at Quebec’s Revenue Ministry.
  • Abdelkrim Hassane, 41, father of three, worked as a  programming analyst for the Quebec government.

Eugenia Tofan Bunu charged with the death of her newborn baby 6 months later

Montreal police were called to Eugenia Tofan Bunu’s  home, on Cumberland Ave., on July 12 by paramedics after they arrived to find a newborn infant that wasn’t breating.

Paramedics revived the infant, and the baby was sent to hospital where it was pronounced dead a few days later.

Tofan Bunu 42, was charged with second degree murder on January 26th.

Montreal police are calling the death of the infant the third murder case of 2017 even though it happened July 2016.

The Montreal 2017 Homicide Victim List is available here.

Body found in Gatineau home leads to a homicide investigation

Gatineau Police responded to a call of a man acting strangely on January 18th at 171 boulevard de la Cité-des-Jeunes.

Officers located and apprehended, Jean-François Dupuis 21behind the residence. Once inside the home, police found an unresponsive elderly woman who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police have released the woman’s name as Thérèse Gauvreau, 83.

More to come…

Jean-François Dupuis has been charged with second degree murder in the death of Gauvreau.

Crown Prosecutor Sylvain Petitclerc said “we do have some details that Mr. Dupuis had some problems, some mental problems before the incident.”

 

24 year old Mylène Laliberté found dead in Saint-Lin-Laurentides

Police were called to a home in Saint-Lin-Laurentides on January 13 at around 8:30pm on report of an unresponsive woman.

Mylene Laliberté 24, was found by police. She was pronounced dead at the scene. An important witness was admitted to hospital with self-inflicted wounds on Friday night.

Update January 15th

Police have arrested a 21 year old man in connection to the murder. An unofficial source has said the man is Maxime Aubin, the ex-boyfriend of Laliberté.