On Christmas eve 2017 Police responded to a report of a deceased man at a home on Catering Road in the Town of East Gwillimbury.
Autopsy revealed that the 35-year-old male victim had died as a result of fentanyl, which he had purchased the day prior to his death.
On Thursday, June 21, 2018, police arrested Michael Hilder, 37, of Oakville. Hilder is charged with Manslaughter and Trafficking in a Schedule 1 Substance.
Keegan Blyth 19, was rushed to hospital on March 27th at 12:30am, after being stabbed in the area of Mount Albert Road and Second Concession in Holland Landing.
York Region police said that Blyth died of his injuries in hospital on March 29th.
Three people have been arrested in connection to the East Gwillimbury teen’s death. 22-year-old Justin Ryan, of Newmarket and 19-year-old Dimytri Ingram-Piruzevski, of Newmarket. The third suspect is a 16-year-old male from Toronto. All three are facing charges of:
- Second Degree Murder
- Assault Causing Bodily Harm x2
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Cocaine
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Cannabis
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime